Over 25 years of International experience
The breast implant is a prosthesis used in cosmetic surgery to enhance breast size or perform a breast reconstruction.
Liposuction is a sanitary technology used in cosmetic surgery and allowing silhouette remodeled through extraction of fat or adipose tissue various body sites.
The eyelid surgery, technically known as blepharoplasty, is a procedure to remove fat and excess skin and muscle from the upper and lower eyelids.
Hair transplantation is commonly used to treat cases of hereditary baldness. Involves removing follicular units from the sides and back of the head where the follicles remain for life and implanted on top of the head.
My plastic surgery in Mexico
If you want to have a plastic surgery in Mexico like a breast augmentation, liposuction or other cosmetic procedure but have been prevented from doing so because of the high cost of plastic surgery in the United States and Europe.
Cosmetic plastic surgery in Mexico has become increasingly popular over the last years. Every year, hundreds of people make the life-changing decision to correct physical flaws, regain their youthful look, enhance their appearance, or simply boost their self-esteem, thanks in part to the advancements made in cosmetic plastic surgery procedures over the last years and off course the big savings and great treatments you can get in plastic surgery in Mexico.
Plastic surgery in Mexico is a medical specialty interested in the correction of form and function. While famous for aesthetic surgery, plastic surgery also includes a variety of fields: craniofacial surgery, hand surgery, burn surgery, microsurgery, and pediatric surgery. The word “plastic” derives from the Greek plastikos meaning to mold or to shape; its use here is not connected with the synthetic polymer material known as plastic.
Techniques and procedures of Cosmetic plastic surgery in Mexico Common techniques used in plastic surgery in Mexico are:
- laser surgery
In plastic surgery the transfer of skin tissue (skin grafting) is one of the most common procedures. (In traditional surgery a “graft” is a piece of living tissue, organ, etc., that is transplanted.
- Autografts: Skin grafts taken from the recipient. If absent or deficient of natural tissue, alternatives can be:
- Cultured Sheets of epithelial cells in vitro.
- Synthetic compounds (e.g., Integra–a 2 layered dermal substitute consisting superficially of silicone and deeply of bovine tendon collagen with glycosaminoglycans).
- Allografts: Skin grafts taken from a donor of the same species.
- Xenografts: Skin grafts taken from a donor of a different species.
Usually, good results are expected from plastic surgery that emphasizes:
- Careful planning of incisions so that they fall in the line of natural skin folds or lines.
- Appropriate choice of wound closure.
- Use of best available suture materials.
- Early removal of exposed sutures so that the wound is held closed by buried sutures.
Reconstructive plastic surgery in Mexico
Reconstructive Plastic Surgery is performed to correct functional impairments caused by:
- traumatic injuries, such as facial bone fractures
- congenital abnormalities, such as cleft lip, or cleft palate
- developmental abnormalities
- infection or disease
- removal of cancers or tumours, such as a mastectomy for a breast cancer, a head and neck cancer and a abdominal invasion by a colon cancer.
Reconstructive plastic surgery is usually performed to improve function, but it may be done to approximate a normal appearance. It is generally covered by insurance coverage but this may change according to the procedure required.
Common reconstructive surgical procedures are: breast reconstruction for women who have had a mastectomy, cleft lip and palate surgery, contracture surgery for burn survivors; one of the complication of severe burns.Curling’s_ulcer]), creating a new outer ear when one is congenitally absent, and closing skin and mucosa defects after removal of tumors in the head and neck region.
Plastic surgeons developed the use of microsurgery to transfer tissue for coverage of a defect when no local tissue is available. tissue flaps comprised of skin, muscle, bone, fat or a combination, may be removed from the body, moved to another site on the body and reconnected to a blood supply by suturing arteries and veins as small as 1-2 mm in diameter.
Cosmetic Plastic surgery
Cosmetic Plastic Surgery defined as a subspecialty of surgery that uniquely restricts itself to the enhancement of appearance through surgical and medical techniques. It is specifically concerned with maintaining normal appearance, restoring it, or enhancing it beyond the average level toward some aesthetic ideal. In 2006, nearly 11 million cosmetic surgeries were performed in the United States alone.
It is important to distinguish the terms “plastic surgery” and “cosmetic surgery”: Plastic Surgery is a recognized surgical specialty and is defined as the subspecialty dedicated to the surgical repair of defects of form or function — this includes cosmetic (or aesthetic) surgery, as well as reconstructive surgery. The term “cosmetic surgery” however, refers to surgery that is designed to improve cosmetics alone. Many other surgical specialists are also required to learn certain cosmetic procedures during their training programs. Contributing disciplines include dermatology, general surgery, plastic surgery, otolaryngology, maxillofacial surgery, and oculoplastic surgery.
The most prevalent aesthetic/cosmetic procedures are listed below. Most of these types of plastic surgery are more commonly known by their “common names.” These are also listed when pertinent.
- Abdominoplasty (or “tummy tuck”): reshaping and firming of the abdomen.
- Blepharoplasty (or “eyelid surgery”): Reshaping of the eyelids or the application of permanent eyeliner, including Asian blepharoplasty.
- Breast augmentation (or “breast enlargement” or “boob job”): Augmentation of the breasts. This can involve either fat grafting, saline or silicone gel prosthetics. Initially performed to women with micromastia.
- Breast reduction: Removal of skin and glandular tissue. Indicated to reduce back and shoulder pain in women with gigantomastia and/or for psychological benefit in women with gigantomastia/macromastia and men with gynecomastia.
- Breast lift (Mastopexy): Lifting or reshaping of breasts to make them less saggy, often after weight loss (after a pregnancy, for example). It involves removal of breast skin as opposed to glandular tissue.
- Buttock Augmentation (or “butt augmentation” or “butt implants”): Enhancement of the buttocks. This procedure can be performed by using silicone implants or fat grafting and transfer from other areas of the body.
- Chemical peel: Minimizing the appearance of acne, pock, and other scars as well as wrinkles (depending on concentration and type of agent used, except for deep furrows), solar lentigines (age spots, freckles), and photodamage in general. Chemical peels commonly involve carbolic acid (Phenol), trichloroacetic acid (TCA), glycolic acid (AHA), or salicylic acid (BHA) as the active agent.
- Labiaplasty: Surgical reduction and reshaping of the labia
- Rhinoplasty (or “nose job”): Reshaping of the nose
- Otoplasty (or ear surgery): Reshaping of the ear
- Rhytidectomy (or “face lift”): Removal of wrinkles and signs of aging from the face
- Suction-Assisted Lipectomy (or liposuction): Removal of fat from the body
- Chin augmentation: Augmentation of the chin with an implant (e.g. silicone) or by sliding genioplasty of the jawbone.
- Cheek augmentation
- Collagen, fat, and other tissue filler injections (e.g. hyaluronic acid)
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Male Pectoral Implant : It is a procedure used to enhance chest size in men by inserting silicone implants under the chest muscle.
In recent years, a growing number of patients seeking cosmetic plastic surgery have visited Mexico to find doctors with other costs and benefits. These medical tourists seek to get their procedures done for a cost savings in countries like Mexico. The risk of complications and the lack of after plastic surgery support are often overlooked now by simply looking for better options.